Nigeria's Most Authoritative And Up-To-Date News Blog

Thanks for visiting this news blog. Kindly follow Edeson Online News on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, to get the latest in Entertainment, Sports, Politics,World News, Sex, Relationships, Education, History, ICT Tutoriasl Free downloads, Motivation and Lots More. Facebook: Endy Edeson. Instagram & Twitter: @EndyEdesonNews

Like Edeson Online News on Facebook

SPONSORED POST: Join Hope Foundation Group Inc

Thursday, 16 July 2015

POLITICS: Buhari Lied: Jonathan Generated the NLNG Funds Used For Bail Out

The Managing Director of Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas, NLNG, Ltd, Babs Omotowa has insisted that the N1.2 trillion bailout fund for States was generated by the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan. Omotowa who made this known in an interview refuted claims by the presidency claiming the fund was not generated from Jonathan’s administration.
The NLNG boss while confirming that $1.6bn was paid to the Government from operations said “We did not pay the government $1.6billion dividend but $1.6billion corporate income and education tax, which is different from dividend.”

He however insisted that “this of course is from our activities in 2014.”

Following the plea by some State Governors to President Muhammadu Buhari for rescue in order to pay workers salary, Buhari assented to the release of the sum of N1.2 trillion last week.

At least 12 of the 36 States including Osun, Rivers, Oyo, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi, Ondo, Plateau, Benue, and Bauchi states are believed to owe their workers over N110billion in salaries and allowances.

Following the release of the fund, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a statement through its National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh insisted that the fund was saved by the immediate past administration.

“It is gratifying to note that gradually the evidence of monies left behind by the PDP-led administration is coming to public light despite effort by the new government to hide the facts.
“The public had been made aware that $2 billion was left in the ECA for which the Accountant–General and the APC confirmed approvals for the withdrawal of $1.7 billion.” The statement read.

In reaction to the above, the Presidency in a statement through the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said the PDP claim was false and ridiculous.

Adesina in the statement said “The Presidency deplores the attempt by the PDP and its agents to create an unnecessary controversy over the well-intentioned effort by President Muhammadu Buhari to give some relief to state governments and long-suffering public sector workers.

mORE News on my site
www.edesononlinenews.com
...



FACEBOOK COMMENTS

Kanayo Ogbonnaya and 2 others like this.

Azeez Adekoya Falcon

who cares whether PMB or GEJ that generate the money. all I care is workers salary should be paid

Mercy Dan

lie lie government, false foundation government, they want to empty their fustration on our Hero(GEJ) no matter what they do or say, our hero has written his name wif gold for this country. above all, I wish pmb what he wished GEJ.
Like2DeleteReportYesterday at 07:57

Yvonne Onaibe

Loooooooool

We understand na

How long APC done rule to generate that kind money

Emmanuel Divine

woo unto Buhari and his cohorts. He will step down wth shame and disgrace then he will know that whatever a man sow, he reap

Odiase Ese

Everyday story good for you guys

Bussy Duro

jona y re u afraid?


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By Blogger Widgets